Did you notice that when you say “OK Google”, then it’s not responding? If yes, then this means that there is a problem either with a hardware or a software which leads to OK google not working Properly. How to fix OK Google problem? Is there any way to check what is a reason for this error? Let’s get the answer to this problem.
Exactly What is OK Google and why it is not working
Well friend, if you already knew these basic things, then you can skip this part and directly scroll down to a heading named “How to Fix OK Google not working Problem”. If you want to get further basic details, you can move on and get it friend 🙂
Today, our smartphones are getting more smarter than our expectations. We already knew that our Android phone can receive/dial calls, SMS, play video and audio, surf the internet, play high-end games, etc. But now, the case is becoming more advanced.
Now, our Android phones can even talk to us. Yes, Now, we have a virtual assistant which helps us to talk on our phone. If you don’t know then I will tell you that same thing will be available in windows phones, laptops and other devices which are named as “Cortana”, for iOS, it is Siri and for Samsung Devices, this technology is named as “Bixby”. For Every android phones and devices, Google introduced a virtual assistance which is named as “Google Assistant”.
Now, the key which will activate Google assistant is “OK Google”. When you say OK Google, a virtual assistant will be activated and you can directly talk to your device and say them to do some tasks.
Why “OK Google” is not Working Sometimes?
After taking a sneak peek a some of a basic knowledge regarding Google Virtual Assistant, now, let’s get some advanced info. There are some devices in which Google assistant is not activating after saying these 2 words. Why? Is there any kind of problem in this? Here’s your answer.
Behind this problem, there will be 3 reasons behind it:-
- It is possible that there will be a hardware issue which is related to google assistant. Maybe, Hardware is not able or capable to link your voice with software which creates an error.
- There will be a software bug from which when you say OK Google, some scripts not working properly or just skipped to give you negative results.
- There will be a language problem. Google supports more than 1 language on any device. You can talk to a virtual assistant in your own language which is supported by Google. But there is a catch behind this. We will talk about it later on.
Now, I hope you understood all of these problems. It is possible that there will be one or more than one of the above-described problems which lead to OK google error. But are we here to understand problems only? No, my friend! It’s time to get some perfect ways to check and fix this OK google error.
How to resolve this OK google Not working issue
First of all, just keep calm and move ahead towards finding the main culprit behind this kind of problem.
Firstly, Checking Hardware Compatibility
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Well, if Google assistant is not able to catch our voice, then there might be a link between this problem and our mic. Now, let’s check that it is working perfectly for Google or not:-
Firstly, open your android phone’s voice recorder and record voice completely for at least one minute. Now, after recording, just thoroughly listen to it. If your voice is scattering and some pieces are skipping, then yes, a mic is a problem. If not, then move on to the second step.
Now, let’s check Google connectivity with a mic. Open Google Now and then, on the right side of the Search Bar, you can see a mic icon. If it is drawn with a dotted line, you surely have an issue with your phone’s microphone. Otherwise, there is no mic problem and you can move ahead.
If you found any problem here, it is possible that there must be some very minute dust particles entered into that microphone hole. Just take a help of a pin or pen’s nip and remove that debris. If a mic is not working properly till now, then I will suggest you use your earphone’s mic.
Now, Check for Language Settings
Well, if a mic is alright, there will be a problem regarding either in Software part or any setting tweaks are needed now. In software part, the main thing which we should check right now is – can my phone is able to fetch my language properly or is there any problem in this.
In case you don’t know, since 2014, Google is capable to understand more languages which were “US English Only” previously. So, if you are using any other type of language, then you must check for settings to set it for your language Compatible. It is possible that Your language is not understandable by Google as of now.
For setting some language options, you have to:-
- Move on to Google now settings. Else you can also ope Google app, and swipe from left to right. You will see a menu flashed up on a left side. Just tap on “settings” option.
- In settings, tap on “voice” option. From here, you can check and set voice and language settings.
- Now, you can see that there is an option named “languages” available on a screen now. Just tap on it.
- When you tap on settings, you can see that a complete list of compatible languages had been shown. You can select up to 5 languages which helps Google to recognize your voice and language in any of the 5 languages at a time.
So, if a language is a problem, then tweak these above-described settings and try now. If it is working properly now, then it’s nice. But if OK google not working properly till now, then it’s time for some software compatibility and settings.
Final Way – Let’s Check Google Assistant Software Issues
Well, when language is also set to perfect and Microphone is also working properly, then there is only One thing remaining which breaks a connection of your voice with Google assistant. Now first, let’s start with basic things.
- It is possible that there is an application which is already running and using your Android phone’s internal mic. This can create a conflict with overall usage and interferes with your voice and assistant too. For making this thing back on track, just clear all running background Applications and check once again. If OK Google not working Properly till now, then Follow some of the most basic software tweaks and fixes which I provided below.
Some Basic Settings and Fixes
1.) Firstly, check your network connection. As Okay Google will only work when the network is connected, without proper connection, Google assistant will not able to retrieve data properly. I hope it is working fine.
2.) Just reboot your device in the interval of 5 minutes. When any deep setting and fixes don’t work, a simple reboot works. Basically, after reboot, all scripts will re-written and things will be worked fine in most of the cases.
3.) Now, Check that OK google setting are actually turned on and set perfectly or not. For that, Google officially provides some of the steps to turn it back on:-
- Make sure you have the latest version of the Google app installed.
- Open the Google app Google Search.
- At the top left of your phone’s screen, tap Menu Menu and then Settings.
- Tap Voice and then “Ok Google” detection.
- Turn on “From the Google app.”
Also Read:- How to find direct download Link of Movie Online