How to activate split screen in Redmi note 4- One of the most wanted features for Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 users is that “Split screen” or we can say multi-window. Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 is one of the most popular smartphones of 2017, and all the credit goes to its specifications and the aggressive pricing. Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 is capable to do all those things which can be done by an upper mid-range device and costs exactly half of their price. In this case, you want that some top-notch features should be available for your Xiaomi Redmi note 4.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 is coming with many software tweaks which were developed and provided my Xiaomi itself through the MiUI, and one of them is that multi window feature which is also popular as split screen . That’s why MiUI is one of the best custom UI we saw on our Android device.
One of the most wanted features for Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 users is that “Split screen” or we can say multi-window. The split screen really is a very nice feature which Google added to their android nougat 7.1 updates, and is getting a phenomenal response from Android users. But what about Xiaomi Redmi 4 users? How to activate split screen in Redmi note 4? Do you know that? No? let me help you out and provide you this feature and activate split screen in Redmi note 4.
How to activate split screen / Multi window in Redmi note 4 easily?
Well, before going to the method, the first thing we should know that what exactly is a multi-window feature and how it works, right? If you already knew that, then the exact answer of “How to activate split screen in Redmi note 4?” is waiting for you, just scroll below and get your answer, my friend 🙂 .
What is split screen feature in Android?
Suppose if you are watching any video on youtube, but you also want to do WhatsApp chat with your friend, then, at the same time, it was not possible because if you open one app, the second one disappeared from the screen and you have to reopen that second app. A self-created mess! right? So, for not suffering from this kind of problem, Google take care for that and provide the best way to open and use 2 apps at the same time.
For this, Google introduced a new “multi-window feature” in the latest Android update through which you can use 2 apps at the same time on one screen. What this feature will do is:- it can divide your screen into 2 parts so that you can use one app in one part, means 2 apps on a single screen which can be shiftable, decrease or increase the screen size taken by an app, and many more. That’s why it was named as “split screen” as it splits the screen into parts for our ease!
If you don’t want to use the second app on that half screen, then You can close one app and the second app will automatically expand to the whole screen, easy and simple!
Now, let’s move on to our original question “How to activate split screen in Redmi note 4?”.
How to activate split screen in Redmi note 4? The exact process:-
So, the first thing you have to check is the “MiUI version”. As you can activate the split screen feature in redmi note 4 in MiUI 9 only.
- First, go to settings>>
- then scroll to the bottom and tap n the last option named “about phone” option.
- then scroll and check the MiUI version. The MIUI version should be miUI 9 or above.
In case if your xiaomi redmi note 4 has MiUI 8 version, then you can update your MiUI officially through go to settings, updates and “install update”. If there is no option like this, then you can:-
- Firstly, Download the latest MIUI ROM file Download here
- Then, connect your device to the Windows PC/laptop via a micro USB cable, and copy the ROM file downloaded in Step 1 into the folder ‘downloaded_rom’ in the internal storage of your device.
- Go to app drawer and Launch ‘Updater’ app on your device：
- For MIUI 6/7/8 users：Click the ‘…’ icon, available at the top-right corner, select ‘Choose update package’, and choose the ROM file you’ve put in ‘downloaded_rom’ in Step 2.
- MIUI V5：Press the Menu button, select ‘Choose update package’, and choose the ROM file you’ve put in ‘downloaded_rom’ in Step 2.
- All other things will go automatically now, you don’t have to do anything. 🙂
Now, I hope you get MiUI 9 update on your Xiaomi Redmi Note 4, right? So, let’s move on and find out how to enable activate multi window in Redmi note 4? Here you go:-
- Open any 2 apps [let’s say, one is WhatsApp and another one is youtube, as we taken this example above].
- Let youtube remained open and WhatsApp is running in the background.
- After opening both apps, go to recent apps section [tap the bottom left navigation button], here you can see both apps, right.
- As youtube is already appearing on the whole screen, you have to tap and hold “WhatsApp” from recent apps section.
- after holding, you have to drop it either on the upper half side or lower half side of the screen.
- done:) Now you can see that WhatsApp and youtube both are running on one screen at the same period of time 🙂
So friend, hope you now get the exact answer to your question “How to activate split screen in Redmi note 4?”. Did you like it, then please share your experience through the comment section down below. If you had encountered any problem during activate multi window in redmi note 4, then yes, you can ask your problem by dropping a comment down below and I will try to solve your query as fast as possible.
Also Read:- 5 best useful and most needed WhatsApp features
Subscribe to Blog via Email
If you found this article helpful, then please help others also by sharing it with your friends, family, and groups. Till Then Build Best, Stay Cool!