Are you searching for a complete tutorial regarding “How to root Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 / Note 5 Pro” with and without using a computer? If yes, then you are exactly at a right place. Here, I will provide you a complete process through which you can easily root Redmi Note 5 Pro and Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 in few steps.
About Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro and Note 5
Xiaomi is currently a beast in Mid-range smartphones market. They are literally ruling this segment by launching some Android Phones which are extremely aggressive in price, but their performance is Superb. So, After the immediate success of Their last Device – Mi A1, now, they decided to continue their Note Lineup which is literally a base of brand success in India.
So friend, recently, They launched 2 new devices Named – Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 and Note 5 Pro. Phone’s overall look and feel is nice, and as it is an Android smartphone, we made a complete guide on how to root Xiaomi redmi Note 5 and Note 5 Pro.
Rooting your smartphone is not a risky deal as it unlocks your complete privileges to your smartphone and you can add, remove or edit anything [including apps data] available on your Xiaomi redmi Note 5 pro. So, today we will provide you the easiest way to root Xiaomi Note 5 or it’s Pro version which is secure and simplest available method.
How to Root Xiaomi redmi Note 5 / Note 5 Pro using PC
So, friend, it’s time to know the complete process of Root Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 pro and Note 5. The process of rooting both these devices will be same. Just follow below-provided steps thoroughly 🙂
Well, here I want to give an advice. Rooting is a very easy process, but you need to be accurate. If you try to root your Android device with a half-baked Knowledge and did it in a wrong way, probably you will lose all your data and files, as well as the risk of your Smartphone bricking, will be increased. So yes, you can root, but complete physical guidance is must if you didn’t do it before.
Things you should do before rooting Xiaomi redmi Note 5 Pro / Note 5
- Be Sure to transfer all data to an external storage device
- Kindly take a complete backup of all your apps and store it on an external storage device
- Eject all SIM cards and memory card [if plugged in] from your device.
- Bootloader should be unlocked properly.
- TWRP [team win recovery project] should be installed.
Complete method to root Xiaomi redmi Note 5 / Note 5 Pro
So, let’s get to the main point here. I will recommend you to follow each and every step carefully:-
Firstly, You have to create a ROM:-
- Visit Xiaomi ROM builder – Xiaomi ROM builder
- Here, select your smartphone [in our case, it’s Xiaomi redmi Note 5]. Through this portal, you are going to create a custom ROM which will be developed by Xiaomi Itself but customized from your side [according to your Priority].
- After that on a new page, you will get an option to select ROM, select MiUI version you want [you can select according to your desire, but I will recommend you to stick on the latest version of MiUI for your device].
- Then, scroll below, you will get an option “expert settings”, select it and you will find an option named “root access”. here you have to select superSU root.
- Leave all other options as default and scroll down below, you will get an option “create ROM”, just click on it and a ROM will be created automatically and download it.
Now, you created a ROM for your Note 5 which has a “Root Acess”. But as of now, it is on your PC/ Android Device. How to flash Custom ROM on Xiaomi Redmi note 5?”. Now, it’s time to find a perfect answer for this.
Flash the ROM Build on Xiaomi Redmi Note 5/ Note 5 Pro:-
- Connect your smartphone to PC and transfer that downloaded ROM to your smartphone’s storage. If you downloaded the ROM to smartphone directly, then cheers, you don’t have to connect it to the PC.
- After that, boot your smartphone in recovery mode. [press power button+volume down button after turning off]
- In that, Tap on “install button” and find the ROM you transferred from your PC.
- then, flash it by swiping from left side to the right side [you can able to see an option “swipe to confirm flash”]
- After then, all thing will be done automatically, after ROM is completely flashed, just clock on reboot button, select “system” and done.
Now, after booting up your smartphone, you can see that your smartphone got the root access. In case if you weren’t able to find your smartphone on the list, then you can follow these steps:-
root Xiaomi redmi Note 5 Pro/ Redmi note 5 [SuperSu Method]:-
- Boot up your smartphone in the fast boot mode by Turning the phone off. Hold volume up + power until fast boot” screen appears.
- Plug in your smartphone with a computer and transfer supersu file [in case if you don’t have supersu file, you can download it here.
- After then, plug out your smartphone and boot your smartphone in recovery mode [TWRP recovery].
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- In that, tap on “install”, then select the supersu file you transferred from your PC.
- Then swipe left to right on “swipe to confirm flash” option.
- All other things will be done automatically, then simply reboot to the system. Done 🙂
Notes [Before performing Redmi Note 5 root Process]:-
- In case TWRP is not installed on your device, then you can take a help from this complete guide on flashing TWRP here.
- If the bootloader is locked, you can unlock it by a process described here.
Also Read:- 25 best apps for rooted android phone
So friend, above is the complete process of “how to root Xiaomi redmi Note 5 and Note 5 Pro”. Did you had encountered an error while performing a Rooting process? then you can ask your question through the comments section provided below and I will try to solve your query as fast as possible.
Did you able to root Xiaomi redmi Note 5 successfully? If yes, then please share your experience with it so that others can also get to know that how easy or difficult this method is. If you find this article little helpful, then please share this complete guide to root Xiaomi redmi Note 5 with your friends and family and help them all to root their device if possible. Till Then Build Best, Stay Cool.