How to temporarily disable Avast Antivirus or uninstall Avast Completely? Here I am providing you the best possible answers to these questions by providing you the latest complete Guide on removing free Avast Antivirus on a temporary as well as permanent basis.
Avast is said as one of the best antiviruses in Windows PC world. As they are providing everything regarding firewalls from scanning and removing viruses completely in a freemium pattern, we simply want to install it as some of the features are completely free and some features are paid [but the free ones are also effective and worth the try]. But in some of the cases, either we just simply want to temporarily turn off avast or uninstall it permanently and remove the complete set of features from our PC.
Some of the popular cases which leads to disabling or removal of Avast Antivirus are:-
- It blocks some legit and high authority sites as “being injected with virus” tag.
- It takes a large chunk of resources by running in the background.
- While scanning the data stored on our PC, sometimes it automatically quarantines and deletes important files.
So, above I provided the reasons which I personally experienced to remove it. But How to Disable Avast? Is there any way to permanently Uninstall Avast Antivirus in Windows? Below I provided you the complete guide to turn off or permanently remove it easily. You can choose any one of them according to your priority.
How to temporarily Disable Avast or Uninstall it Completely
Below I provided you both ways. First one will help you to turn avast off on a temporary basis and the second one is to remove avast from windows on a permanent basis.
How to turn off Avast – Temporary Method
Just follow these simple steps to temporarily disable it:-
- In the taskbar, you can see the Avast Antivirus Icon, simply right click on it. [in case if you are not able to see it, just click on the small triangle which is available on the right bottom side of the screen, then you can see it].
- After right-clicking on it, you will be able to see a new menu. In that, click on “avast shields control”. Here you can specify the time according to your need. There is an awesome option available quoting “Disable Until computer is restarted”. In case if you want to temporarily disable it, this options will prove to be the best mate for you.
- After selecting your desired option, simply confirm it by clicking on “yes” on component Stop Dialog Box and you are good to go.
How to Uninstall Avast Antivirus – Permanent Method
Below I provided the method to permanently remove Avast from your PC or Mac. Have a look:-
Step 1 – Visit the list of All Installed Programs and software
If you are on a Windows PC, you have to go to control Panel [click on windows icon and there you can see it]>> uninstall a program.
Step 2 – Locate the Avast Antivirus in the list
Now, search for Avast Antivirus. When you find it, simply right click on it and then click on “Uninstall”.
Step 3 – Execute the Uninstallation Process and Confirm it
Now, in a new dialog box, click on “Uninstall” [the orange button at the bottom side of dialog box] and then click on “yes” to confirm your operation.
Step 4 – Just move on with Uninstall Process
Now, you can see that they are providing you some new options which are saying to renew your free antivirus for 1 year without spending a penny, repair it and much more. But as you don’t want it, then simply click on “Uninstall Option”.
Step 5 – Wait for the Success and Restart
Now, after everything has been set up, the uninstallation process will be executed and when it accomplish successfully, simply restart your Windows Computer and you are good to go.
In case if you are doing any important work and want to save it first, then you can select the “restart later option”. Simply click on it, complete your work and then restart your PC manually.
All of these above-provided steps are applicable on Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10. The process will remain the same in any version of Avast Antivirus, either it is a free version or a paid one.
Also Read:- Best games like Skyrim for PC
Also Read:- How to create your own tweaked Apps
So friend, above I provided you the complete process to turn off avast temporarily as well as Uninstall avast Antivirus Permanently. I hope you will be able to successfully execute your desired option. Just in case you haven’t, you can comment below your query with details and I will try to sort it out as fast as possible.
Well, according to you, which one is the best Antivirus software for Windows? Please leave your opinion in the comment section and share your experience with it too. Liked it? Then please hit that share button to help others also. Will meet in our next article, till then, Bye friend.